Friday, January 20, 2012

THE IMPORTANCE OF TABLE MANNERS

Hello World,

Let me ask you a couple of questions:
  • Do you know how to act at the dinner table?
  • Do you know how to set a table?
  • Do you use the words "please" and "thank you" at the dinner table?
  • Do you enjoy your food?
  • Do you how to eat? 

These questions are a clue about what I've been studying this week at ARC of Indian River County.  My teachers, Barbara and Jacque, have been talking with us about Table Manners.  We've been using the computer lab to watch some really funny TV shows about bad table manners.  We've also been having demonstrations in our classroom about how to set the table and how to eat slowly.  Did you know that if you eat slowly, you digest your food better, and are less likely to overeat? 

I'm going to give you a challenge about table manners.  When you eat dinner tonight, time yourself.  If you eat dinner from start to finish in less than 20 minutes, then we have some work to do to help you slow down and enjoy your food.  Call me, because Cool Gabe is ready and able to help YOU learn good table manners! 

Off to my Healthy Cooking class!  Talk with you next week.

Your friend,
Cool Gabe
Here I am in the computer lab doing some research yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment